Winter is the time of year when the topic of "Falls Prevention" is brought up more than usual. Snowy and slippery conditions outside heighten the risk of falling which can result in serious injuries especially amongst our senior population.
It is clear that regular exercise is simply the best way to build up strength, balance and coordination to reduce the risk of falling. If you're someone who thinks they may benefit exercising but are unsure about how to start, here's what you should know about the Falls Prevention Classes at our facility.
1) The Falls Prevention Classes run 4 times per week and classes are 45 minutes in duration.
-Monday at 10am and 2pm
-Wednesday at 10am and 2pm
2) You don't have to have a gym membership to attend the Falls Prevention classes! Classes are only $10.00 each, just make sure you call to reserve your spot ahead of time!
3) We only take 5 participants per class. Smaller class sizes allow us to work closely with our participants to ensure a safe exercise environment.
4) Each class consists of a proper warm up and cool down stretch. The exercise content of the class will vary each time to make sure the movement stay new and effective.
5) You'll end up having fun! The falls prevention class is a great way to meet new people and have fun while you exercise!
Our hope is to make it easy for anyone to start adding exercise to their weekly routine so feel free to come and try out a class.